🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Definitive Guide to Material Properties?

Started by
0 comments, last by emaurina 24 years ago
I''ve been looking for a document or website that defines the material properties for a large number of materials. I''ve examined the Red Book example teapots.c with its various materials, gold, bronze, emerald, et al. but I want to find a source with more than just these materials. Please send me a link or post a reply to this question if you know where I might find this information. Thanks, Ed Maurina
Life is short...live every day.
Advertisement
I''m still looking for info, but this was posted on the OpenGl page in reply to the same quesion I posted there. If you''ve read the book that is mentioned, please comment.

The SGI web site at
http://toolbox.sgi.com/TasteOfDT/documents/OpenGL/advanced97/node84.html#SECTION000105200000000000000 has a table of
values for certain materials. In fact, this is probably what is in the demo that you mentioned.

The above page references the following book and may be a lead:
Roy Hall. Illumination and Color in Computer Generated Imagery. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1989. includes C code for radiosity
algorithms.

Life is short...live every day.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement