🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

NWN Scripting Qs

Started by
-1 comments, last by Codezilla 20 years, 9 months ago
("ported" from my post at the official NWN scripting forums) Alright, I have a few fancy ideas that I think I could actually do... through scripting... which I know a minimal ammount of. I was wondering if I could get a little insight on the easiest and most effecient ways to do the following: 1. I want my main character to be a constant, meaning the player of my module MUST play as this character, because it will optimize the gameplay. Is there a way to do this in scripting? Because right now all I can think of to do this is to just make the character in game, set him the way I want him, and then pack him with the module. 2. I also want the character to have an item that, if he succeeds fortification checks, will increase his STR but decrease his INT, and if if fails the fortification, decrease his STR and DEX. However, everytime he succeeds, I want the fort check to become harder to gain, with the failures becoming more and more critical. So if you succeed 3 times, and your STR goes from 10 - 15, and your INT from 12 - 5, but you fail your 4th, then I want your STR to drop to 6. 3. Lastly, I want to know how, if possible, to have a character stripped of what he has, and given other items for a certain scene, while the items that were taken are not removed completly, but moved to a chest or container somewhere else. Thanks in advance, ^_^ オハイオ州の否! それはコードトカゲである! Oh No! It''''s CodeZilla!
オハイオ州の否! それはコードトカゲである!Oh No! It''s CodeZilla!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement