🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Icon Files

Started by
4 comments, last by Cecil 23 years, 12 months ago
I have been trying to create Bitmap Files and then rename it as a Icon File(.ico). I have created the icon Windows paint and also another paint program, (32 X 32 Pixels) and when I load it into my .RC file, I get an error saying: "resource file ICON.ICO is not in 3.00 format Error executing rc.exe." How else do I create an Icon file? Should i save it as a .jpg or .gif file and then rename it to .ico, because the programs won''t let me save the file as a .ico file. I''m Stumped. -Cecil
Advertisement
There is a tool for making icons. Its called Iconforge. There is a free demo (but it only lasts for 30 days). I think the address is somthinglike www.iconforge.com

Shrapnel Games
Icons (.ico) are not standard bitmaps with a new name. They have their own format (which shares a lot of similitudes with ordinary Windows bitmaps). If you''d like more infos on the .ico format, then take a peek at Wotsit.org.

Personally, I like Microangello when I have some icons to create, but I haven''t tried any other software for years.

EL
----------------------------------------"Inash neteia haeg joa kavari quilm..." SD4
I though you could make icon files w/VC++, can''t you?

Morgan
you can create a icon in MS visual studio if u have it

~prevail by daring to fail~
Icon forge is at cursorarts.com.

lntakitopi@aol.com - http://www.geocities.com/guanajam

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement