🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

how to compile tolua...

Started by
1 comment, last by no one 20 years, 8 months ago
Hiya I was told that tolua was a really good toolkit for lua so I donwloaded it but I can''t seem to get it to compile. I actually just downloaded lua 4.0 again which came with tolua. I would just like to know how to set it all up so that I can start using it. Thanks a lot for any help. ~Jason ps. heres where I downloaded it from (4.0)
"Make it a habit to be loyal to the activities that serve the highest part of yourself."
Advertisement
make all

That source code package includes a standard Makefile, so in most cases simply going to the source directory and typing "make all" will build the project. If you are using Visual Studio, I am not certain it supports standard make syntax and Makefiles, so you may need to build the project yourself by hand. I am not sure about this, not being familiar with VS. I have built tolua using Dev-Cpp/Mingw before, and it built flawlessly using standard make syntax on Windows...

For Visual Studio, I''d imagine the simplest way would be to create 2 separate VS projects (however this is done): a library project for all the source files in tolua/src/lib and an .exe project (console, rather than Win32) for all the source files in tolua/src/bin. The source files in /bin compile to build the tolua processor, which reads the stripped header, while the source files in /lib compile to form the library which must be linked with the project using tolua.

If you need any more help, let me know.

Josh
vertexnormal AT linuxmail DOT org

Check out Golem: Lands of Shadow, an isometrically rendered hack-and-slash inspired equally by Nethack and Diablo.
Thanks man.

I only use visual cpp and I have really know idea how to make
a file using the makefiles, ive never read anything about it.
making projects by hand can be a real pain in the a$$ sometimes.
How do you use the windows syntax? I read a bit about it...
tolua -o somefile.pkg -n somefile.h
I really have know idea what thats about because ive never
had to use that stuff before. 8|

Oh well, have to wait until tomarrow to check it
out (im on my parents comp now and they wont let me
code on it, and its a new sony viao! )
"Make it a habit to be loyal to the activities that serve the highest part of yourself."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement