🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Voodoo3 fullscreen problem.

Started by
10 comments, last by Coskey 23 years, 11 months ago
I have a Voodoo3 2000 card and a following problem with NeHe''s OpenGL tutorials. When I use fullscreen modes and switch back to desktop, the resolution is still the same as it was in the fullscreen mode I used. My desktop resolution is 800x600x16bit and I''m running those OpenGL tutorials at 640x480x16bit. How could I change back to correct desktop resolution?
Advertisement
I had the same problem with some older beta drivers (1.04.05 or something like that), newer beta drivers or the newest release drivers 1.05.00 from www.3dfxgamers.com solved the problem for me.
Those drivers don''t solve the problem for me.

Are there any other ways to change resolution than ChangeDisplaySettings()= Other OpenGL programs than
those based on NeHe''s tutorials switch the resolution
correctly.
Hmm, you sure you got the LATEST drivers right..

I have a Voodoo3 2000 also and don''t have any problems.. run the ''ol desktop at 1024x768 and it switches back fine..

hmm, that sounds suspicious.. Try a different desktop resolution like 1024x768 and see if it still won''t switch back.. I''m gonna go try a few things and see if I can offer some help..

bosco()

--
leader of the free world.. or something..
--leader of the free world .. or something ..
I have a voodoo3 2000 and I had this problem.
This problem is for the setpixeldescriptor function, the modified tutorials(all) make the source code more portable and correct this problem.

You are using the old tutorials?

I really have the latest drivers (1.05.00) and I''m using
the code based on the latest tutorials. I also have this
problem with any other downloaded OpenGL app based on Nehe''s
tutorials. Any other OpenGL games and apps that have nothing
to do with NeHe''s tuts work correctly. So I''m pretty sure
there''s an alternative way to switch resolution. If anybody
knows let me know too...

Ditto...I''ve just spent the last few hours trying to solve the same problem with no luck. (and maybe no chance..I''m running NT4.0 with the latest drivers being 1.04)

If anybody has got this licked I''d also like to know how.
I''m running WindowsNT 4.0 with 1.045 drivers and I had the same problem, until I changed my bpp(bits per pixel) format inside my OpenGL program to 32 bit. This will make your program slower but when you get out of your program it will get out back to your original resolution. Does anyone want to make a 3D -Jarred Capellman
I''m running WindowsNT 4.0 with 1.045 drivers and I had the same problem, until I changed my bpp(bits per pixel) format inside my OpenGL program to 32 bit. This will make your program slower but when you get out of your program it will get out back to your original resolution. Does anyone want to make a 3D Engine with me? email me @ jcapellman@hotmail.com -Jarred Capellman
What about getting the desktop resolution when the application starts, using OpenGL, and setting the resolution back to the original one when you''re finished with OpenGL ?

Y.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement