🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I want to mod with Unreal 2

Started by
1 comment, last by DeepCover 20 years, 8 months ago
I want to add an Unreal 2 mod to my portfolio. I never made a mod before, I''ve made a 3d fps opengl game from scratch. One problem, I''m not much of an artist. Is it possible to find pre-made animated characters out there that I can throw into the game. My vision is an RPG using the Unreal 2 engine. I only aiming for 1 small level right now. Would somebody suggest something other than Unreal 2? I plan on using MayaPLE with the unreal engine. I''ve done a bunch of searches, but there is so much info out there it leaves with some more basic questions. Unreal 2 the way to go (as opposed to ut2003? - I don''t plan to have multiplayer) MayaPLE the way to go? Am I forced to create my own character models. Thanks in advance for your patience with such a modding noob.
Advertisement
I suggest you have a play around with UnrealEd to see what it''s capable of. Can MayaPLE export models in Unreal format... that''s what it comes down to. If not, maybe Milkshape does? If you want new models I expect you''ll have to make them yourself. New skins for existing models should be easy to come by though.
yeah. I''ll be messing around with it and actually try to produce something during my winter break. I know UnrealED is set up to work with mayaPLE, so that''s what I think I''ll try. Thanks for the response.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement