🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I need a programmer!!!

Started by
-1 comments, last by merqutio 23 years, 11 months ago
The game to be is a fantasy/adventure, following the classical concept. Our goal is to make a game that stands out from the rest, in all categories. Cause how many times have you played a game and had the feeling that it could have been done better. We have had enough... ...and decided to make our own game! How can we do that? First and foremost we believe that the essential part of making yet another fantasy inspired game is to contribute with something new, i.e. to renew the otherwise so hollowed genre. The first stages of the game making process was to create a whole new world. Every thing conventional had to go. We saw it necessary to try something new. First we gave all the elves and dwarfs a notice of termination, in other words we decided not to follow the "Tolkian'''' recipe - that has been ripped off for so long. It took about four years to make this possible but in the end we ended up with something unique. A world of our own! The existence of our world made it quite easy to develop a storyline for the game. In fact we ended up with three good manuscripts. We chose to develop one of the stories into a game - it would be the fantasy/adventure game we now speak of. The next step was to deepen oneself in the design of the game, thus followed a period of infernal "monster-drawing". Now we felt that we were getting somewhere, and that the idea of our own game wasn''t to far from reach. This is were you come in to the picture, we need to recruit competent people in order to continue the game making process. We are located in Stockholm, If you are intressed in this project then me mail at merqutio@spray.se merqutio
merqutio

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement