🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

some #%@&*+! game programming questions

Started by
1 comment, last by OoMMMoO 23 years, 11 months ago
Hey whats up everyone I havent been here for a while. I have a couple of programming questions. 1. How are scenes in rpg''s programmed? Are they in functions? like deathscene(), or intro()???? 2. Why the @#&% is directX programming so wierd its like learning a different programming language in its self. 3. In directX how do I make layers? like my BG layer and then my sprite layer and then my forground layers. TAlk to all you guys later so play/program games and be happy!!!
Advertisement
Well,

1. I would imagine functions would be a good way to do it.. Through a series of event handlers appropriate functions are called.

2. DirectX.. what''s that?..

3. It''s the devil''s tool..

bosco()

--
leader of the free world .. or something ..
--leader of the free world .. or something ..
I guess the reason directx is so wierd to you is because you are new to COM. The interface is a little wierd at first, but you will get used to it. Unless of course you would rather like to use windows gdi. This is all just for 2d though. I guess you want to use surfaces for your ''layers''. Read about surfaces in the sdk.

*** Triality ***
*** Triality ***

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement