🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

another game school

Started by
-1 comments, last by safiire 23 years, 11 months ago
i was reading a thing on this site which listed a few video game schools, well im attending one that''s not listed there, so i thought post it up here... the school is the New Bruswick Community College in New Brunswick, Canada. My school has a 2 year course called Electronic Game Design, where you basically start out learning about business and how to design a game, and unfortunatly how to use a comptuer... The idea is that you design a game during the first year and also learn to program in C/C++ or learn how to make 2D/3D graphics, depending on weather or not your in the graphics or programming stream.. you form a company with some of your class mates and then during the 2nd year of the course you go about making the game that you''ve desinged. and if you''ve passed all your core classes, and gotten enough electives, and also finished your game product, you graduate with a college diploma in game design... you can learn game AI, C++, C, lightwave, 3D studio Max, DirectX. stuff like that... There is a downside to this school though, for one thing the administration is a bunch of fucking fools, but the game teachers are cool, and that you basically always end up teaching your self everything, some people like that anyway, and the game teachers are helpful. Warning: it is a screwed up school, im not kidding, but they have wikked equipment for example like 40 SGI workstations, and all the other computers in the school are at least P300''s, and it''s cheap tuition. http://www.miramichi.nbcc.nb.ca/ sorry for all the spelling mistakes but im a programmer so what do you expect.. l8r... saf

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement