🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

TrueType to Bitmap

Started by
6 comments, last by bosco 23 years, 11 months ago
Greetings Peoples, Besides WOTSIT, does anyone know where I can get an actual library to load TrueType fonts and convert them to a graphic file format ( i.e. tga ).. I have a very specialized need and all the programs I''ve seen to date cannot accomplish my goal. I''d like to write a little utility to do what it is I need, but I''m not really willing to write the whole set of functions as I don''t need it THAT bad.. hmm, ohh well.. any help would greatly be appreciated.. Thanks.. bosco() -- leader of the free world .. or something ..
--leader of the free world .. or something ..
Advertisement

I''m not sure if this is what you''re looking for, but I created a freeware application called Bitmap Font Builder. It creates textures out of the fonts installed on your computer that can be used to replace the font textures that NeHe''s tutorial code use.

If you''re interested, it''s available from http://www.lmnopc.com/

ThomW
www.LMNOpc.com
-- --
[ NOT LOOKING FOR A PROGRAM - A LIBRARY or SET OF FUNCTIONS!! ]
-- --

Hmm, ok not to be rude, but I specifically asked for a library or set of functions.. No programs.. And no it''s not what I''m looking for.. I tested it once before.. Remember??

Thanks though,

bosco()

--
leader of the free world .. or something ..
isn''t there a font library called glf.

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
GLF

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net

Edited by - Julio on July 17, 2000 4:44:29 PM
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
I found what you are talking about and will be giving it a once over when I get back from class..

Thank-you very much, anyone else with ideas??

thanks,

bosco()

--
Just trying to help! *sheesh*
To ThomW, you''ll find an appropriate email apology in your box.. to anyone who reads this thread.. I apologize.. What an asshole right?? I''d be saying the same thing.. Just a horrible week and it''s only MONDAY!!

bosco()

--

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement