🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

C# Compatible Scripting Language

Started by
1 comment, last by kspansel 20 years, 6 months ago
Does any one have any experience using a scripting language with C#? I was hoping to find a lua-like language that supports not only calling but also binding of class methods. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks. Kory Spansel
"The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse military service" - Albert Einstein
Advertisement
Well, it''s not exactly what you''re looking for, but you can compile C# source from within a C# program, then dynamically call functions in the runtime-created assembly.

Also, if lua (or any other scripting systems) are available contained withing a .DLL, you can use .NET "DllImportAttribute" to interoperate with nearly all of that preexisting code.
Nypyren:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I saw your suggestion in another post I was kind of trying to avoid doing this, but maybe not. I''m assuming this is what you are doing? If so, is it possible to limit what the scripts can do? By that I mean, how can make sure the script writer cannot access assemblies that I don''t want him/her to? And also would it be possible to dynamically export an assembly to a script? Basically run-time binding of assemblies. Thanks.

Kory Spansel
"The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse military service" - Albert Einstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement