🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Bitmap Fonts from Lesson13

Started by
4 comments, last by ShadowTheOne 23 years, 11 months ago
if i use these bitmap fonts as in lesson13 my application is in fullscreen infinite slow(1/fpminute) but in windowed mode it is normal fast with enaugh frames. Without fonts my program is fast in window and in fullscreen mode. I''ve tried to disable the antialiasing from the bitmap font but there was no effect. Anyone know how i can make it fast?? is there a parameter for the bitmap font so it looks not so good but is fast?? or does anyone know why 50 triangles are no problem but 20 2D characters are? lots of thanks Shadow
Advertisement
Not much help, but i got the same problem
plus garbled font output when running fullscreen mode.
Might be a driver/hardware bug.
I''m using a Voodoo 3 3000 pci.
I ran lesson 13 on a Riva TNT and it works fine in fullscreen.
I''m using a Voodoo 3 3000 too but the AGP version maybe its really the voodoo card which couses this problem. Why does the voodoo 3 3000 make so much problems? The fog tutorial works not, too on the voodoo 3 3000.

cu
Me too...I was just about to post on this. And it seems that Voodoo cards are the problem...my card is a Voodoo3 2000 AGP and it runs very slow with messed up output.

The question now is how do we fix it?

-------------
cOnfuSed
-------------cOnfuSed
hmm i don't think that we can fix it with our code or? But how about to ask 3dfx that they should test it and fix it with the newest driver.
Shadow

Edited by - ShadowTheOne on July 29, 2000 7:06:15 PM
The Fog problem seems to be specific for 3dfx-cards
because fog doesnt work on voodoo2 Cards, too.
But to eliminate you font problem, you could use
a 2d texture font as in lesson 17

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement