🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Compiled LuaBind

Started by
4 comments, last by Dwiel 20 years, 5 months ago
Hello, I am wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to help me out and get me a compiled version of LuaBind? I''ve been looking for the past couple of hours, for either how to compile it in windows (VC++... also tried cygwin), or where I can get the binaries so I can link. Also, is there a way to lower the compile time? It takes forever! I tried just not linking to see how far it would get, and I was able to get up to the linking stage, which of course wont work because I dont have the libs. I was just compiling an example and it took forever... I''d really hope there is a faster way to do this because, I am hoping to be exporting a lot more functionallity than that example was :|... thanks Dwiel
Advertisement
Tazzel, if you can''t compile LuaBind, how do you expect to compile things with LuaBind? Focus on solving the real problem--that you can''t get it to compile--rather than trying to work around the problem. Posting the compilation errors might be a good start.

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke
I Tried just creating a static library project in VC++. Then I added all of the files in the src directory of luabind. I compiled and everything went OK. I tried compiling an example and everything was OK until It tried to link. I have made sure that it is linking to luabind.lib, and most of the linker errors are errors from that lib itself... I can give you the beggening of the linker errors, maybe you can help me figure out how I am building this wrong...

Linking...LuaBind.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_closeLuaBind.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_dofileLuaBind.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _luaopen_mathLuaBind.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _luaopen_stringLuaBind.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _luaopen_ioLuaBind.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _luaopen_baseLuaBind.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_openLuaBind.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_settableluabind.lib(open.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_settableluabind.lib(class_rep.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_settableluabind.lib(create_class.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_settableLuaBind.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_pushvalueluabind.lib(open.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_pushvalueluabind.lib(class_rep.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_pushvalueluabind.lib(create_class.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_pushvalueluabind.lib(create_class.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_pushstringluabind.lib(stack_content_by_name.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_pushstringLuaBind.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_pushstringluabind.lib(open.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_pushstringluabind.lib(class_rep.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_pushstringluabind.lib(function.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_pushstringLuaBind.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_newtableluabind.lib(open.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_newtableluabind.lib(class_rep.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_newtableluabind.lib(stack_content_by_name.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_settopLuaBind.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_settopluabind.lib(open.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_settopluabind.lib(class_rep.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lua_settop....

This goes on for quite a while. I got no linking errors while creating the library to start with, but I guess thats just because no linking is done for a library right?

Thanks

Dwiel
Actually, it turns out, I was just forgetting to link to lua itself.

Still, is there a way to help speed things up? Besides buying a quad processor comp to handle all of these templates?

Thanks

Dwiel
Nah. LuaBind is notoriously slow to compile. Just separate your code out so that the luabind bits are as isolated as possible, and grin and bear it.

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke
Ok. Thanks for the help

Dwiel

BTW, right now, I only have a 950mhz athlon, so that is part of the problem...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement