🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

FPS

Started by
2 comments, last by Leyder Dylan 23 years, 11 months ago
Hi !, Someone has a function to display the FPS (frame per second) ? Thanks a lot
========================Leyder Dylan (dylan.leyder@slug-production.be.tf http://users.skynet.be/fa550206/Slug-Production/Index.htm/
Advertisement
it''s not that tough, you just use GetTickCount(), or whatever to get the miliseconds then you can find how long it took to process the frame.

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
I recently added an FPS counter to my game, I''d be happy to show you what I did and such... it uses the performance counter if it is available, and I''ve put it in a class. The only problem you might have is displaying it... since I''m not using GLUT, I display the fps in the titlebar of my window, it you want to display it on a fullscreen app or something like that you''ll have to deal with the display stuff. Drop me an email if you''d like the code and an explanation (psudeocode) of how to use it to count FPS (not just rendering time altho you can do that as well).

-----------------------
Go for it.
OtakuCODE
-----------------------Go for it.OtakuCODE
Oh yeah, and you can reach me via email at esperan@1st.net

-----------------------
Go for it.
OtakuCODE
-----------------------Go for it.OtakuCODE

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement