🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

ati v.s. voodoo2

Started by
4 comments, last by SCRUB 23 years, 11 months ago
On my computer i have an Ati rage 2X card as well as a voodoo2. The tutorials on this site tend to go really slow , probably because its running off the ati card . Is their any easy peice of code to make it use the voodoo2 ? thanks el_scrub
LE SCRUB
Advertisement
Get 3dfx''s neweset reference drivers, extract 3dfxvgl.dll, rename it to opengl32.dll and place it where your executable is and in the project dir.

Ries
AHHHHH thank you for your hasty responce to my poxy question .

cheers

el_scrub
LE SCRUB
ok, ok, ok... I did that too ! I own Nvidia TNT 2 M64 and sometimes tutorials and my progs go really sloooow... i think that original opengl32.dll from Micro$oft supports my card, doesn''t it ???
when i wanna use nvidia''s driver ( rename ) error occures while running program ( something like : glut32.dll is linked with missing dll "file.dll":"name of a function "
what''s going on ? am i doing sth wrong ... please, if it''s an obvious and easy problem, don''t turn your eyes into the sky and put your hands onto your face, but help me... i''m,like, coding in ogl for a week, damn !

Pet
Pet
You dont have to do the rename thing, it is only nesessary on voodoo1/2 cards, since those cards dont do normal "2d" are they "not allowed" to replace/interact with the ms opengl driver. You only need to have the newset drivers installed.
Ries
ooooooo.... i see ...he he he thanks !
Pet

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement