🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Platform game demo RELEASED, only 275kb.

Started by
15 comments, last by MindWipe 23 years, 11 months ago
quote: Original post by MindWipe

I use this formel: StartPower*Time -(Gravitation*(Time*Time))/2
But the gravitation in my game is set to about 11.
I know that's not right. But as I said, it will have to do for
now.
That's not quite what I do... I have X & Y velocity components. Each frame, a certain amount is added to the Y velocity, and the Y velocity is added to the player's position. This is what gives jumps a parabolic path.

quote: Every game I've done have allways been left at half. I don't want that to happend with this game.
Hmm, sounds like most of my games But now there's no way I won't finish KirbyPC, with all of your praise

quote: But what did you(And everyone else) think about one thing:
- Doesn't the game put you in a good mood? I think so.
yeah!
especially since you praised me so much for inspiration
Keep up the good work!

lntakitopi@aol.com - http://www.geocities.com/guanajam

Edited by - SHilbert on July 28, 2000 5:43:43 PM
Advertisement
Hi!

Nice game =) it runs just fine in my pc: pIII 500 with tnt2 32mb and crappy sound card. Seems to me that claus walks too slow, maybe you want to include that if the player keeps pressing a given direction - right/left - claus starts running..

Keep working!
"Old programmers don't die,they just terminate and stay resident."
It ran smooth on my computer. I could help with your game''s sound. I could also spiff up some graphics, like the game-over text.
Thanks. Fun you liked it.

The Game Over text is just for the beta. It will be changed.

I''ll be away for a week. But please e-mail bugs and comments.

Thanks again, MindWipe.
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
Nice game. Worked fine on P200 32MB. Some realistic jumping would be very nice, its a little "jumpy" at the moment

- Daniel
VG Games
- DanielMy homepage
Pretty darn good! As has been said before, tweak the jumping. Also, a few more animation frames for Santa while moving would be nice. Otherwise, great work! Like the nice blurred background, and the near-foreground candycanes.

A tip for jumping: I have no idea how you would implement this, but here''s my idea: Have the jump stop if the up button is released, but have a treshold. Maybe that''s a bit hard to explain so let me go a little more detailed. We''ll use an imaginary measurement unit named "unit". Okay, make it so when the jump button is pressed, Santa jumps at least 3 "units", but if the jump button is held, Santa jumps, say, 6 units. Kind of like in Super Mario Bros. 2 (its the best example that comes to mind).

Great Work and good luck!
check out my game its quite similar but i am pleased with the way the character moves and jumps:

www.wolfwilliams.freeserve.co.uk/platform.zip

cheers

www.wolfwilliams.freeserve.co.uk
www.wolfwilliams.freeserve.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement