🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3d model and vertex arrays

Started by
2 comments, last by amigos 23 years, 11 months ago
Hello all from Greece. Come for vacations , it''s really nice! I have download 3DWin converter and I have convert a 3ds file to opengl format. There is an array with vertices and an array with face indices like this {0,1,2,3,4,5,6 2,1,3,7,8,9,10, ..... ... etc.} This means that the model is built by polygons of 6 sides? How am I going to render such an object ? Thank you!
Advertisement
You can draw a polygon with glBegin( GL_POLYGON ); glEnd();

Morgan
yo... I''ll come to Greece but in September, hope there''s still gonna be hot...
did you try plaing around with ascii files from 3dstudio ... they are really easy to handle... you can write your own converter to fit your needs like vertices grouped in 3s ( faces )
or all vertices in a list and then list of verts that create faces
or you can add mapping
or whatever you need...
ofcourse to figure out a good format is a hard work and surely there are lots of them that contain all the good features ( like mapping, normals, material and so on) but you not always need all of them ....
i actually don''t understand what i''ve just wrote
Pet
Thanks! Be sure that in September there will be a lot of sun in Greece ..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement