🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

In VC++, can you easily convert "command" to "Win32"?

Started by
1 comment, last by skyfire360 23 years, 11 months ago
I know that this might not be the right forum to be posting this, but please bear with me as I have found that the people on this forum are extremely helpful I have found a good way of teaching myself how to make a semi-close-to-decent game. I have written most of it in the "Win32 Console" project type, and I am wondering if it would be worth it to try and port it to Win32API. Would it be possible to make a class out of the code I have allready written? Of course, I would have to write the OpenGL stuff into it in the future, but it''s the algorithms I want to keep just the way they are: running fast and playing faster. Any help would be appreciated, -SkyFire ------------------------------------------------------------ Ud. me maneja loco porque...bueno, porque ;)
I do real things with imaginary numbers
Advertisement
Sorry ''bout the double post, couldn''t hit the stop button fast enough Anyway, I''m still looking for an answer

-SkyFire
------------------------------------------------------------

Ud. me maneja loco porque...bueno, porque ;)
I do real things with imaginary numbers
I''m not sure if I understood your question correctly, but I think you only need to copy and paste your code to a Windows app project, with minor modifications. Your logic code, if well designed, should probably remains unchanged, with only your interfaces (screen/sound outputs, keyboard/mouse/joystick inputs) having to be updated.

Not a big task, IMHO. And once you do this, you''ll be proud of you .

BTW, you can delete a post if you want. Open the message, click on the icon that says "Edit Message", click on "Delete Message" and "Make modifications".

EL

----------------------------------------
"Inash neteia haeg joa kavari quilm..." SD4
----------------------------------------"Inash neteia haeg joa kavari quilm..." SD4

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement