🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

NEW problem, please help!

Started by
3 comments, last by ryerider 23 years, 11 months ago
right, so now i get the following errors (still tutorial 1): Compiling... StdAfx.cpp Compiling... amh4.cpp test.cpp Linking... test.obj : error LNK2005: _WinMain@16 already defined in amh4.obj Debug/amh4.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found Error executing link.exe. amh4.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) any thoughts???
Advertisement
you either have it set for a console app, or you have two win mains.

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
This shouldn''t happen when you downloaded the VC++ source and simply opened the Workspace file. Maybe you tried to rebuild the project on your own or something and made a mistake. From my own experience I can say that the project compiles just fine.

Tim

--------------------------
www.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
glvelocity.gamedev.net
www.glvelocity.com
Tim--------------------------glvelocity.gamedev.netwww.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
I''m not sure, but something may be wrong w/ having 2 cpp files... Maybe I''m wrong, but maybe you have a WinMain in both of them...

"Everything is relative." -- Even in the world of computers.
everything is relative. -- even in the world of computers... so PUSH BEYOND THE LIMITS OF SANITY!
Did you add all of the necessary lib files??? If you''re using VC++ go to project, settings, links, and add the lib files'' names.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement