🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

platform game latest demo

Started by
15 comments, last by diskheadyXI 23 years, 10 months ago
Hi there, I have updated my platform game demo, it is a 106kb download at: www.wolfwilliams.freeserve.co.uk/platform.zip i am pleased with the way the character movement feels, he has momentum and skids, i''d appreciate comments/suggestions cheers www.wolfwilliams.freeserve.co.uk
www.wolfwilliams.freeserve.co.uk
Advertisement
Very nice indeed, but there was one problem... Mario looked squished! Look at this image.

Edited by - Muzzafarath on August 2, 2000 3:04:27 PM
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
The game starts to load, then quits out. Not sure why it does this...

- Daniel
VG Games
- DanielMy homepage
wow that''s wierd,

thanks for your help

hey, Muzzafarath

would you do me a favour,

plz press ''q'' and then take a pic plz

cheers

Well when I tried to play it it looked even worse!
You can take a look at it here

If anybody else has problems to get it to work properly, you can take a screenshot and add it to the page mario_jpg@geocities.com.
The password for the account is "mario.jpg". please do not modify anything, just upload your pic and put a little link to it onto the top page.

Andy, please fix it, 'cause it looked (well played) nice anyway

greetz
pi~

uhm, I forgot to mention that I messed up the palette while saving, so that's not the problem; it's that all the sprites are messed up (drawn incorrectly)

Edited by - The_[PI]_ehT on August 3, 2000 8:42:51 PM
Jan PieczkowskiBrainwave Studios
Aww, man... it dosen''t run on my PC.
Oh man, this sucks

It works fine, on my computer,

thing is, i''m using the libarys from, Andre LaMothe''s windows game programming for dummies.

the thing is on some people''s computers the graphics screw up but on other peoples they look fine and i have no idea why.

if any one knows, please help

alternatively, if any one knows of any other Direct X wrappers and libs i could use please let me know

The_[PI]_ehT thank you very much for your effort and encouragement, this community is fantastic.

thanks all once again - i promise you, it does run and play well here in my house!

It works well on my comp

AMD K6-2 500 w/3dnow
64MB PC100 RAM
Voodoo Banshee
Directx7.0A

Looks good to me.

http://users.50megs.com/crazyvasey/
on my comp it''s just starts and quits.
I have a Pentium II with 300mhz, 32mb, win98, and DirectX7.0a.
My video card might be shitty(Trident3d AGP), but it''s good for 2d stuff.
AquDev - It is what it is.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement