🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lesson 6:what is up with this!!!!!

Started by
4 comments, last by BillyBoo 23 years, 11 months ago
How can I correct this problem with this lesson 6: now it compiles correctly but.... I get this error when I run it in either fullscreen or windowed mode. (can''t find suitable pixel format) well if anyone has had this problem,how do you correct it, other than getting a voodoo 2000 or a gforce or whatever. Now the executable that came with lesson 6 runs fine on my computer if rather slowly,now why is it that when a re-compile the original source I get this pixel format error, if I haven''t changed anything why don''t it work?!?! if that''s the case, the original tutorial executable would have given me the same error, right? so why the problem? Please help, or I''ll be forced to use Direct 3D, and I really don''t want to.cause it sux. Bill WWash46508@aol.com
Advertisement
What is your video board/CPU configuration?

In my opinion, for today''s 3D rich games, it is Ok to ignore older boards than TNT/voodoo. If your boards are one of TNT/voodoo or later, there should not be any problems.

Bruce
Sorry, TNT/voodoo2. (voodoo is too old)

Bruce
I don''t think this has anything to do with coodoo or hardware anyhow. Its something with your OS. Which version of windows are you using? If it is winNT, may God help you. Try to to get win98 or win2000. WinNT is great at causing problems.

I am not a D3D VS OpenGL type of person, but, don''t resort to D3d just yet. I''m sure you''ll have more than enough reasons to come back to using OpenGL(as a beginner), and it will be a waste of time. Use it when it is better(i hear it is getting better) or stick ot openGL so we can have more support .

poopee.
Make sure you are in 16 bit color mode.

Some cards will not run if your mode is not matched to the mode requested in the code.

"if your mode is not matched to the mode requested in the code"
hehe sounds funny. Sorry I''m being stupid.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement