🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Full-Fledged Scrolling Game Creator!

Started by
-1 comments, last by BlueMonk 23 years, 11 months ago
I''m just wrapping up the final phases of a complete scrolling game creator package. The single EXE includes features such as: * Full-Screen tileset editor to create graphic tiles for use with the sprites and map layers. Includes anti-aliased rotation and smooth functions. * Full-Screen map editor supports multi-layer parallax 8-direction scrolling maps. Includes a maze generator. * Tile matching makes it quick and easy to draw maps where neighboring tiles fit with each other. * Animated Tiles * Sprites & path designation * COM and ActiveX scripting support. Control how the components of the game creator and the game act at design time and at run time. * Multi-media support. Special functions placed on the map can, among other things, play video or audio media clips. Those are just the biggest features from a high level. Anyway, the programming is complete and I''m mainly working on documentation now, but I was curious to hear what recommendations members here at GameDev had -- what kind of interest there was for this kind of program and where I should post it. I''m leaning towards making it completely free. Incidentally, the name of the EXE is GameDev, which is the main reason I ran accross GameDev.net in the first place (this is my first post here). I was looking to see if domain names including "GameDev" were taken. I''ve been working on this product in my free time for a little over 2 years now with the intention of ending up with something that both developers and beginners can use. (Developers could use it as just a resource editor for maps and tiles.) I think I''ve been successful. It''s possible to make a fully playable game without any need to program or script anything. And my plan all this year has been to wrap it up before October so I can go out and buy a PlayStation 2 and enjoy some games myself (like Final Fantasy 8 and some PS2-specific games). Looks like I''m on track. Hope to hear from interested developers and beginners what your thoughts are and how GameDev.net can help me, or how I can contribute. - Ben
"All you need to do to learn circular logic is learn circular logic"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement