🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

NT anyone?

Started by
2 comments, last by ac 23 years, 11 months ago
Is anyone compiling and/or running on Windows NT 4 (SP5)? I''m having a problem switching between full-screen and windowed mode, and exiting from full-screen mode. The machines just completely lockup. From full-screen mode, pressing F1 or ESC produce the same results. My guess is that it''s something to do with the CreateGLWindow() call in WinMain(). Has anyone else come across this problem? -ac.
Advertisement
I don''t know what the problem might be, but i do know that WindowsNT is nasty. If you upgrade to win2000(NT 5.0) everything will be fihne. WinNT generally has problem letting you take control of anything in general, and graphics in specific, so use win98 or 2000(they fixed "some" of the problems in win2000).

I hope that helped somehow.
It is intersting, but I have an NT server machine that I run at the office and I am able to run the code there. I also noticed a considerable performance issue, even on a P650 with 256MB RAM, fullscreen mode is slow and jerky. Any thoughts?
yeah same problem, or was anyway. same service pack to.

updated drivers for card and now it behaves somewhat normally, but not all tutorials run correctly.

worst of all nt''s directx support is laughable

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement