🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Demo fixed

Started by
1 comment, last by Ironblayde 23 years, 10 months ago
About my forthcoming RPG, Terran -- a small number of people experienced some problems with the short demo scene I released a little while back, but they should all be fixed now. If you have a few minutes, please check out the opening scene and let me know what you think! It''s available at aeon-software.com. -Ironblayde Aeon Software
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"
Advertisement
hmmm... I get: "Could not create DirectDraw surface".
And I usually don't have such problems with other DirectX programs... I have DirectX7.0a.

Might that be because the resolution is too small??
I'd make that 640x480... which is definetly supported on most
video cards.

Edited by - Aqutiv on August 8, 2000 6:47:34 PM
AquDev - It is what it is.
If there was a problem setting the resolution, you would have gotten a different error message: "Could not set resolution 320x240x16bpp." Hmm... a couple of people have gotten this error, and I think I know what''s happening. First, it tries to create the surfaces it needs in video memory. If this fails, it''s supposed to try again in system memory. I don''t think it''s re-trying like it''s supposed to.

Well, thanks for telling me... I''ll go back to bug-hunting and see what I find.

-Ironblayde
Aeon Software
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement