🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

place on stack...

Started by
4 comments, last by phueppl1 23 years, 11 months ago
Hi... I always hear that a prog will crash if u push to many rotations/transformations onto the stack... I just wondered how many rotations u can push onto a stack. Just about.... i''m just interessested. thx, Phil
Visit Rarebyte! and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this question a few times over in the states ;) )
Advertisement

You can have a lot of them. If you''re doing recursion on a serious thing, like for a HUGE map that you divide into one BSP tree, for example. It''s not too much of an issue, usually, for me, but I''ve had some crashes off of it before, always an error in the function...

-----------------------------

1. "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'... till you can find a rock."

2. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

3. "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
-Dan Quayle
-----------------------------1. "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'... till you can find a rock." 2. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else." 3. "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-Dan Quayle4. If life gives you sour grapes, squash them and make wine!
If it''s running in software mode, there''s no limit other than the amount of RAM you have.

In hardware mode, the stack is stored on the actual video card, so check to see how much cache it can take and work it out from there.

On average, try not to store more than 100 things on the stack at once. -- As if you''d need to --

========
Smidge
www.smidge-tech.co.uk
========
--Mr Smidge
Hi Phil!

Use

glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_MODELVIEW_STACK_DEPTH, GLint *mdepth);
glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_PROJECTION_STACK_DEPTH, GLint *pdepth);
glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_TEXTURE_STACK_DEPTH, GLint *tdepth);

to get the depth of the OpenGL stacks!

GA

Edited by - ga on August 9, 2000 7:32:15 AM
Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.stGA
Is up to the driver creator how many there is room for. But minimum is:
2 on the Projection stack
32 on the modelview
and i dont remember the number for the texture projection stack
Ries
Ok, thx, i just wondered...

hi GA, cya in a few days!

bye,

Phil
Visit Rarebyte! and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this question a few times over in the states ;) )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement