🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

ACCUMULATION BUFFER & GEFORCE 2 GTS

Started by
4 comments, last by Promag 23 years, 10 months ago
I have recently bought the creative geforce 2 gts and i have downloaded the lastest drivers. Its really fast but when i use accumulation buffer its very slow between the render function. I know my code its correctly and the render function its fast but the pixel transfer it stoo slow. I want to know if the geforce 2 have this problem or if all graphics cards have this problem. Tnx in advance. PROgrammer
Advertisement
I don''t think that the GeForce has a hardware accumulation buffer - in fact you''d be hard pressed to find a consumer card that does have one.

Most drivers probably revert to software mode when you try to use it...

Paul.
Paul Grovespauls opengl page
well, it might have one, since it has fsaa. i dont know what supersampling method it use, but if it renders a 800*600 resolution, to the acu'' buffer as a 1600*1200 image, sample it down back to 800*600, to the frame buffer, and gets an anti-alised image, it probably has a hardware acu'' buffer.
but maybe not.
ok

and How can i know if it has or not??

PROgrammer
You can''t.

The Geforce uses supersampling to do anti aliasing. That''s all in the drivers and doesn''t use anything like an accumulation buffer.

Paul.
Paul Grovespauls opengl page
But i dont do antialiasing but some efects like motion blur.

If i cant do it with accumulation buffer how can i do it?????

Tnx

PROgrammer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement