🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Soldier Of Fortune

Started by
1 comment, last by NeoGL 23 years, 11 months ago
Hey, has anyone tried out Soldier of Fortune, I am sure most of you have. This game is totally written in OpenGL and it has pixel level collision detection, well at least a group of pixels. The initial interface sucks a little. Just that I love this game and so wanted to blurt it out. Neo Edited by - NeoGL on 8/11/00 12:21:00 PM
Advertisement
i like the effect of the rocket launcher, very cool. (gotta have a card to experience it for real)

the game play (i thought) was really bad and the network code was aplorable.

but the engine itself has some really cool assets with the location based damage. i do love to shoot someone in the head and see the head fly off, who wouldn''t.

maybe not the forum to discuss it, but to put a point on it that people should keep in mind:

it doesn''t matter how good the eyecandy, the cd cover or the hype is. the bottom line will always be that to develop a great game means first and foremost great gameplay. no one cares if it looks awesome and plays terrible, except perhaps an artist and no offense to nehe''s brother, but artists can''t afford to buy games .
Hey anonymous poster ,
first of all I don''t like the idea of some scum hiding behind the computer box and posting anonymously without putting his/her name at the end of it.
Besides that, I don''t know what kind of a definition of an artist you were taught but though I am not an artist, I wouldn''t undermine an artist like you did in one stupid straight statement.

Watch it next time.

Neo.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement