🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

FileSize *TooBig* -> compaltion under VC 6

Started by
5 comments, last by adosari 23 years, 10 months ago
Hi.. What setting should I have for the project, to get the same size... For example the precompiled file for Lesson3 is only 32.0KB, when i compile it the size is 172KB... Turning off the ''Link incrementally'' option gets me only 76KB
thanks
Advertisement
There''s a switch for final release compilation or something like that. (I just read that a few days ago)
It gets rid of all the debuging info that VC stores in the .exe file.

hope that helped,
cya,
Phil

Visit Rarebyte!
and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this questions a few times over in the states ;)
Visit Rarebyte! and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this question a few times over in the states ;) )
Yea, Switch from Debug mode to Final Mode
Why Not?
Thanks a lot...
thanks
By the way, people. There arn't that many kangaroos in Australia either. For insatnce, we _DON'T_ have a couple in the back yard!

Prehaps you have seen the episode of the Simpsons where they go to Australia. That episode is full of 'it.

Andrew
and no!, there are NO kangaroos in my back yard (I got this questions a few times over in europe ; )

Edited by - slartibartfast00 on August 13, 2000 4:31:30 AM
SLARTIBARTFAST00 PLEASE SELECT WITTY .SIG: NoneWho is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?Microwave: Signal from a friendly micro...Multitasking: Screwing up several things at once...How do I set my laser printer on stun?Sarr! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse!
i was in oz 6 months for i saw me first kanga (maybe it was just a wallaby) anyways theyve ugly little bastards.
LOL! Don''t spoil our jokes... we are leading everybody into thinkning that every bit of wildlife here drinks beer and you can actually ride around in kangaroos pouches ... Don''t spoil the fun . Kangaroos are not actually bouncing down the streets (at least, not very often) but we do shoot a lot of them because they are pests!

-Chris Bennett ("Insanity" of Dwarfsoft)

Check our site:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~dwarfsoft/
Check out our NPC AI Mailing List :
http://www.egroups.com/group/NPCAI/
made due to popular demand here at GDNet :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement