🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Birth of a Game Developer

Started by
3 comments, last by deanmat 23 years, 10 months ago
Hi All, I''ve had this idea for several years now and have been actually working on it for the last (almost) 2 months. Please visit: www.gamelogic.com If you follow the above link, you''ll see a new site I''ve placed at GameLogic (the old stuff is now history). It is a concept I''m calling, "Birth of a Game Developer." I''m a huge fan of the developer diaries on the net, including going way back to when developer notes were included in the back of game manuals. I love reading interviews with the programmers and it appears many others do also. With that in mind, I have decided to make my personal journey into game development a public one. The path I''ve chosen is likely different than most other''s, however, it is one that fits my personality and desires. I''ve outlined for myself a "curriculum" to study on my path to developing that first game. So far I''ve taken a heavy graphics bent, but as time goes, the nitty gritty details of the whole game system will be explored and developed. Please take a look at the site and let me know what you think. In particular, follow the "Dev Diary" link on the site to see what I''m up to. I''ll continue to make periodic announcements in here as I hit various milestones with my development. Best Regards, Dean M.
Advertisement
Hey Everyone...

I''ve just posted a new update at my site. This update includes discusses work I''ve done on creating a polygon mesh and integrating it to work with my shading techniques.

Here is the link to the latest update...

http://www.gamelogic.com/DiaryPages/august_17,_2000.htm

I''ve just completed the coding of Lambert, Gouraud and Phong shading. The update includes some screenshots of the work and includes links to downloads of some demonstration programs.

Check out the link and let me know what you think (deanmat@gamelogic.com)

Regards,

Dean M.
Hi Again,

Wanted to make post to let everyone know I''ve made another update to my BoGD web site. The link for the latest entry is at...

http://www.gamelogic.com/DiaryPages/august_23,_2000.htm

This week I''ve coded up a new polygon filling algorithm, which was the start of my project to add texture mapping. The texture mapping is complete and it looks great! I''m quite proud of this most recent work and the download on the page contains a lot of cool code, so check it out.

I''ve also decided to start a simple mailing list to automatically notify people when I make an update. If you''d like to be added to this list, send me an email (deanmat@gamelogic.com) and I''ll be sure to add you.

Swing by my site and let me know what you think...

Regards,

Dean M.
nice one mate, better than what ive done on a x86 in software
Hey Everyone,

I''ve just placed another update at...

http://www.gamelogic.com/DiaryPages/august_28,_2000.htm

This update discusses my latest efforts at coding up a generalized 3D viewing system that utilizes a camera position and a lookat position. For such a simple concept, this was a hard nut to crack, but I''ve got it!

Thanks for the feedback so far and keep it coming. If you have any comments, please let me know either here or directly by email at deanmat@gamelogic.com

Regards,

Dean M.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement