🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Artists' Portfolios

Started by
31 comments, last by Decoy 23 years, 9 months ago
Can some of you fellow artists give out the links of webpages displaying your portfolios? I''d like to take a look at the work done by some of my competition... I mean colleages. I know there''s at least one thread where people are putting up some pictures but I''d like to see some more if any of you have some up on the web. Thanks.
Advertisement
Hmm I dont know if i like the idea of you comparing yourself to the rest of us. Im not so much into the idea of competition.

Although I hope your not trying to see if your better. that happens so much around here

But, by all means, look at my page

Conshape
Drop me a line

Why does my life have to be so hard in every world?

if you're good, you're good. don't need to show anybody but an employer. besides, the only one that matters, who is going to decide if you're good is the employer, anyway.

We're all here to learn, not to compete. Like Fantasy Edge, not into the idea of competition here.

I've got a few old sketches up on my site. Be careful. It's under construction, so i'm warning you, it's a mess. I'm new to this web programming thing, so i don't even know if this link will work.
A2K

a2k

Edited by - a2k on August 14, 2000 12:07:25 PM
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
If you wanna have a laugh, you can check out my old paper drawings scanned recently, and my first Photoshop colorizing, there .
And if you really really really wanna get depressed about your level, or have a laugh at some newbies, you should go on Elfwood !

For the spirit of competition, well, I think you were meaning it as a joke, but you DO worry about competition, you are probably on the wrong path. Art is not about competing, it''s about creation and being true to yourself... or something like that

youpla :-P

(oh yeah, my page is in french, and when I say a page, it''s atually ... 2 pages, LOL )
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
haha! ahw. i like yer stuff! =)

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
Wow, I think you guys took my message too seriously. I added the bit about competition to add a touch of humour to an otherwise pretty drab post. I guess I should have followed that line up with one those fancy smilies that are available.

Anyway, thanks for the links.

Edited by - Decoy on August 14, 2000 11:26:38 PM
         Wow - hold on there  for a sec ...  Art is a about competition, 
not entirely in fact almost not at all, but to me the competition part is very important, it makes it more fun and it also makes me want to create art a lot more. Of course the competition is not in therms of who kicks ass and who sucks but more in How much better I am then I was in kindergarten or whatever. And as an artist it realy helps me too to see what the others do and how they do it and it makes myself push a little harder
     but If youre looking for peoples portfolios,  here''s a site you might wanna look at   but if you want non-professional portfolios, you''re on your own - so GOOD LUCK    ~Weird_OWE~
~Weird_OWE~
a2k, well thanks

I guess you can't really call my stuff original, but that's the part I can show, I keep the rest for myself

Do you like orks ?

weirdowe : I think the word we are looking for is "emulation" rather than competition. What do you think ?

youpla :-P

Edited by - ahw on August 15, 2000 10:45:24 AM
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
I see some good stuff here. A lot of drawings (which I am VERY bad at!) But I'll put my website here along with the rest of yours, just for the fun of it.
Click HERE!!

-Luxury

Edited by - Luxury on August 15, 2000 6:47:43 PM
Well, I can''t resist. Here''s my site. Caution, it''s very furry.

E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement