🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Athalon : Into the Maelstrom

Started by
7 comments, last by runemaster 23 years, 10 months ago
I just uploaded an old abandoned project of mine called Athalon : Into the Maelstrom.It was going to be an adventure with some RPG elements.There''s not incredibly much to the gane, but I think the graphics are good, except when you get to the hills and inside the house because I was a little bored.Anyway, I''d like it if you could take a look and give me some feedback (either here or per e-mail) and maybe I''ll decide to continue the project. Zipped Setup This version is about 2.4MB (or 2.2 ?)but you can just use the setup program to install it.In theory this also installs the Storybook font, but I''m not sure if it works. Exe and font This is just the exe and the font, but you''ll need the MS Visual Basic 5.0 runtime files. Runemaster Join the Game Developers SiteRing !
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
Advertisement
Please someone try it ! I want to know what you think.The graphics are really nice !
PLEEEASE

Runemaster
Join the Game Developers SiteRing !
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
Yes the graphics are pretty nice.

http://users.50megs.com/crazyvasey/

thanks

Runemaster
Well the problem is your server won''t let me download anything you know.
I don''t know how the other guy did it but apparently your web server does not allow direct linking.

Voodoo4
Here these words vilifiers and pretenders, please let me die in solitude...
I just right clicked on the link and did a save as but I'm using get right.

What are you working on now?

http://users.50megs.com/crazyvasey/

Edited by - crazy-vasey on August 16, 2000 3:22:17 AM
You''re right, Vodoo4.I hadn''t noticed.
But today (or maybe tomorrow...) I''ll upload the downloads page and it''ll be there.
Currently I''m working on Runemaster : Gaia''s Chosen, an RPG that is not console-style.It''s based on a mix of Celtic mythology, Stephen Donaldson and my paranoid mind.
I''m also working on Runemaster Legends, a series of little adventures to introduce the world to the players.I''ve worked a lot on the world (about 2 years) and I''ve got an almost complete game engine.
BTW the Runemaster Legends series won''t have graphics like Athalon :ItM, because I''m planning at least ten games and I want to finish them soon (three are almost finished).

Runemaster
OK, the first 3 Runemaster Legends games are complete ! I''ll upload them on Moday ( currently i''m having some trouble with uploading stuff ).
Since today I coded 6 hours non-stop to improve my engine ( I created a new type of UserControl that will be used for every object (NPCs, Monsters, items etc) and added a new way of computing spell damage ( blast radius, how far loose items will be thrown etc ) I finally decided to rest a bit ...working on another game.Yes, I decided to resurrect Athalon.Only this time you''ll be able to turn 360 degrees (like in newer adventure games).I''ll also use better render settings.
You can download the old Athalon demo from my site.

Runemaster
If you want to see a few screenshots from the game instead of downloading it go to http://users3.50megs.com/runemaster/athalon.htm
If you like them or hate them or whatever could you write your opinion on the Forum page on my site ?
Please please please please ?

Runemaster

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement