🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

recommended modeller

Started by
2 comments, last by colonel_colon 20 years, 1 month ago
Hey all, I''m gearing up for creating a mod for Far Cry (supposedly the SDK will be released June 14th). I was wondering what your favorite 3d modeller programs for creating mods is? I''m a programmer by default, and i''m a little tired of writing my own stuff but never getting the graphics there. So i figured I would attempt a full conversion on a game with pretty pictures. anything to make my ego feel better. Is it worth ''acquiring'' Maya or 3D Studio Max? or is Milkshape or Blender 3D just as good an option? I''ve used the above programs to a basic extent, but I dont know what to expect when it comes to importing to an engine like the one used in Far Cry (or Half-Life 2, etc). Maybe I should just go back to the quest days in EGA. It was so much simpler back then... Colonel_Colon
Advertisement
Milkshape works fine for a lot of people. You might want to ask in the Visual Arts forum.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]
Hey colonel_colon,

I see you''re doing a mod for Farcry. I am in the design stage of making a mod for Farcry as well. I haven''t heard much regarding Farcry mods on this forum, infact you''re the first to post anything that I''ve seen. I find it strange as Lua seems to be a popular programming language around here and Farcry uses it extensively. I hope to see more people around here making use of the Cryengine and Lua for mod development.
By the way what mod are you making.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement