🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sprite Modeling

Started by
2 comments, last by n0p3x 23 years, 10 months ago
Hi, I need a sprite doing for my game. The trouble is I don''t have a clue when it comes to using 3DSMAX. I''m sure it''s really simple and you will probably be able to knock it up in under 15 mins. If you wouldn''t mind helping please mail me. root@cod3r.cjb.net Regards, David Stubbs
Regards,Dave
Advertisement
Unfortunately, 3dsmax is not a simple program. I doubt you''ll be able to learn it in 15 minutes, unless you have experience with other modelerer programs, and, no offense intended, but, it sounds like you don''t.
Luckily, there are plenty of tutorials you can find on the web for using 3dsmax, just search around.
If you are looking for *sprites* then you might as well use the SpriteLib sprites, to use as placeholders, or as final gfx.

If you want to learn something like 3DSMax, and it''s NOT easy, you could start with the site 3Dcafe. They seem to be quite useful.
The need for a 3D modeller really depends on the type of game you are planning, maybe you could do without, and just use a good old 2D program ?

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
I have looked for tutorials on the net but didn''t find too much, then again I probably didn''t look to hard. I have played around with the program and from what I learn''t I reckon anybody who has experience in the program could knock up the sprites quite quickly.

The idea I have would be difficult to draw in a 2D program and the results from a 3D program would be very hard to achive.

It''s not even a big game, just something i''m playing around with. I''ve got some ''placeholder'' sprites in it, I just think a ''real'' sprite would greatly improve the game. As for spritelib none of them would really look right, although I did consider it.

Thanks for your help.
BTW, i''ll check out 3Dcafe now.

Regards,
David Stubbs
Regards,Dave

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement