🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hero6. Sierra style point and click Adventure game

Started by
10 comments, last by Bonito 23 years, 9 months ago
We have a team of about 100 members working hard on a sierra style point and click adventure game (from the VGA point and click era, when Sierra was at their peak). The Hero project has been in development for over a year now and is approx. 50% complete. With so many dedicated people involved, this project will *not* fail! Basically, the story is inspired by Sierra''s Quest for Glory series, where you are a wannabe hero who''s travelled to a foreign valley, which is plagued by troubles. You''re in pursuit of glory and earning the title of ''hero'' by the end of the game. Of course you get to kill monsters, rob houses, cast magical spells, practise skills and choose from 3 character classes along the way.. plus loads more features! here''s some info about the game: - It will run on the MAD engine. A new engine that has been developed exclusivley for the creation of adventure game projects like Hero6. MAD is a lot more powerful than AGS (adventure game studio) or any other game creation tool that currently exists. MAD is going to be released as freeware after Hero6 comes out. So ya''ll can make your own adventure game projects with it! - Hero6 is being made in 320x200 resolution @ 16 million colors. This was decided to keep with the old-style, nostalgic sierra ''feeling''. the color depth was increased from 256 to 16 million colors, to make life eaier for the artists. This way, dont have to worry about palette rescrictions. - Excellent sounding, proffesional Quality music and sound effects that easily rival the soundtracks heard in commercial games. It''s all in MP3 format, and is recorded especially in a studio by our pofessional recording artist. - Freakin'' Huge plot. A large amount of NPC''s. Much bigger than all of the QFG games. - Improved gameplay from the old sierra games, with certain ideas and ''limitations'' elaborated on and taken even further. So come and check us out. Our first interactive demo is due out very soon! http://www.hero6.com
Advertisement
I''ve looked at the site. I have to say that it sounds like an interesting game man. It sounds like an enourmous task you''re taking on. I hope you''re able to pull it off, admittedly, it looks good so far. Now If I may suggest something, if you put some game screenshots up on that visitor''s section it would be helpful. So we can all see what the game looks like.

I downloaded the demo. It was very nice to see the full screen artwork like the character talking portraits in quest for glory 4. I really liked the quality of the artwork I must say! Well, well, when is this much talked about new demo supposed to be out? I might have to check that out when you guys release it. All the best and good luck!
i cannot get the demo to download
Hmmm.. I''m not sure what was wrong there.. but the demo links are fixed and you are now able to download the them again.
Your site is very slow. I hope you can put a mirror in Geocities to have faster access. I am a fan of Sierra Adv game and I hope you are sucessful with your project.
100 members working for over a year and you have 3 screenshots?
they don''t show a lot of stuff to non-members (like me), but there is more (check out the general forum)

Runemaster
Join the Game Developers RuneRing !
The Specular Lightosis Research Fund
This is a message from God: "Rebooting the universe, please log off."
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
No, we have 3 screenshots, 2.9 demos, some concept art and a ton of other work that''s been done in the members section (and that only members have access to)

But once our latest interactive demo is released, we''ll release game screenshots on a much more regular basis. Well, we could release some now, but we want to keep the hero sprite a suprise until the demo is out.

By the way, the demo is at the beta 1 stage now.
Where is the third demo
It''ll be done soon folks :o) and I think you will enjoy it imensly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement