🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

NEW - Download Dizzyball!

Started by
17 comments, last by cpotako 23 years, 9 months ago
We have just released an open source puzzle game called Dizzyball. You can find it in the "GD Showcase" on this site. I recommend you download it and give it a try (please make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card). I composed all of the music for the game, and also created the sound effects. Being that this is my first time creating/producing anything of this type, I would like to hear some feedback. I am open to any type of constructive criticism. (note: The third level from the left is a joke level with joke music ) Please drop me a line on here or at chris.p@idryonis.com. Thanks! Edited by - cpotako on 9/10/00 5:14:05 PM
-Chris
Advertisement
Wow... very nice. Smooth action and great control. For anyone reading this check out this game its looking really nice!
Thanks for the kind words! We actually made this in literally 2-3 months of working at night and on weekends. Now - what did you think about the sound and music?

As for everyone else: DOWNLOAD IT!

-Chris
-Chris
The music was awesome.. I even liked the joke levels music.. it kinda grows on you. What program did you use to compose in because it really sounds professional. The songs where perfect for a game.. meaning not too little or much. I''ll have to play a little more to see if any of them get anoying when you''ve played alot but so far they''ve been great!
I used Fasttracker 2 to originally write the music. I then dumped seperate tracks to wave files and opened them in Cool Edit Pro. That is where I mixed them in the multi-track. Then I mixed them down and compressed them.

Again, thank you for your comments!

I would really like to see some more peoples comments (hint).

Download Dizzyball following this link!-
http://www.gamedev.net/community/gds/projects/default.asp?projectID=68

-Chris

Edited by - cpotako on September 11, 2000 12:56:02 PM
-Chris
This game is looking pretty good. -Give it a try.

Is it still under development?
THIS game is finished (which is why it is open source now). However, we are working on a commercial quality version of this game concept. Although we do not have a lot of information up about it yet, you can check our company website at: www.idryonis.com (drop us a line in the forums if you visit!). If you want more information about Dizzyball you can head over to: www.dizzyball.com. There is soon to be a CD released of the music from the game. I will keep this thread posted on how that''s going!

Thanks for the comments so far - lets see some more!

-Chris
-Chris
Your website is lacking technical information about your game. All
I could find was that it runs on Win95/98. Nothing else. What are the
minimal system requirements? What does API it use? DirectX? OpenGL?
I would like a little more technical info to see if it evens runs
on my machine before I spent my time downloading 17 MBs.
Ya know what? You are completely correct.

Due to the fact that they are quite new - our sites may or may not have all of the information that you would like them to have. If this is the case, please let us know and we will do our best to rectify the problem.

We will put some technical information on the web site. Thanks for the input!

-Chris
-Chris
I''ve been in the games industry for ~10 years and I gotta say that it never ceases to amaze when I see games like this done with little or no funding. Especially when compared to some highly funded games that just don''t match the fun and coolness factor that games like this attain.

cpotako, I can honestly say that Dizzyball is one of the coolest games I''ve played. The music is great, the graphics are nice, the feel of the game is great. I''m really impressed. Terrific stuff!

-Krylar
Christian Coders Network

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement