🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Map of Europe

Started by
5 comments, last by Strategy 23 years, 9 months ago
Hi - anyone know where it is possible to get a nice map of Europe/Asia that can be used as the base graphics for a strategy game? (We have one now, but I am wondering whether it would be possible to find something that would be better suited for our purposes). I'm looking for maps showing mountains and rivers, primarily. /Strategy Imperium - Rise of Rome Edited by - Strategy on 9/14/00 10:03:28 AM

Michael A. - Software Engineer, moonlighting as a game developer
A Brief History of Rome
Pirates and Traders

Advertisement
Just to clarify, are you after drawn maps or satellite images. Either way, isn''t there a Microsoft site (can''t remember the name) which has maps of the world and you can zoom in to insane levels (Terra something I think)

Merrick
"NPCs will be inherited from the basic Entity class. They will be fully independent, and carry out their own lives oblivious to the world around them ... that is, until you set them on fire ..." -- Merrick
They charge for the download I think...
Preferably sattelite image-like, though drawn maps are fine if they show the features (and don''t contain too much text). Terraserver charges for its maps - and I''m not sure they''re all that useful.

Michael A. - Software Engineer, moonlighting as a game developer
A Brief History of Rome
Pirates and Traders

www.nasa.gov is a great place for highres images. plus...everything is royalty free.

-Luxury
I don''t know why I didn''t think about it earlier, but why don''t you check out the Diplomacy boardgame. There are tons of pages on the Net, and there are quite a bunch of maps for it.

More than you''ll probablt need, here

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
I think that was the terraserver? Too lazy to heck though.

As Mr Cup always says,
''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
As Mr Cup always says,''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement