🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lua and C++

Started by
2 comments, last by mikeman 19 years, 12 months ago
I just download lua-5.0.2.As I understand,lua cannot produce stand-alone programs,but its code must be hosted by a C++ program(im my case).The thing is,all I got is a banch of .c and .h files.No binaries.There are no libs or dlls.And the makefile is giving me compile errors.(fatal error U1052: file '$(LUA)/config' not found) So,how am I supposed to handle this?What I am asking is a simple way to use the lua core with Visual Studio 6.0.I hope I don't have to add all the .c source files into my project.And I prefer not to have to use static linking.
Advertisement
IIRC, http://lua-users.org/wiki has project files for VS6 so that you can build the libs.
Using static linking is a fine idea, I've no idea why you prefer not to use it.

You might also want to look at luabind if you're using C++, as this will enable you to relatively easily export functions and classes from C++ into lua, and also provides wrappers for some other bits.

Mark
Many thanks,but can you be more specific?What's the name of the tools/projects?

-EDIT:Nevermind,I think I found it.And Mark,I just don't want to increase the size of my .exe,but on second thought I will anyway have to distribute the dynamic libraries,so I guess it's the same.
Thank you guys for your quick responses!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement