🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help me! DirectX won't install!

Started by
2 comments, last by Ronald Forbes 24 years, 7 months ago
sounds like the zip file got corrupted whilst being sent.

Download it again, or get the CD. MS charges a small amount for shipping.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

Advertisement
Yeah. That's what I'm doing. (13% done) It's a shame one has to spend so much time (3 days) just to get something that will probably be outdated and obselete in awhile. Don't ya just luv technology?

Thanx
Ronald

------------------
Download Complete. "YESSSSSS! The DirectX 7 SDK is finally MINE!! After 3 days of waiting, I have finally successfully downloaded this huge file. Now, I'll just fire up Winzip and... Illegal Fault. CURSES, MICROSOFT, CURSES!"

C:DOSC:DOSRUNRUN DOSRUN
A day of waiting for this download has come to this. I'll remember that messege box saying "Download Complete!" forever. I was beyond happy when I heard the cute little voice on GetRight say "Your download is complete!" And now, it's come to this.
I opened up winzip and got an illegal fault. Somehow, I sensed something like that would happen, so I deleted the file and downloaded again.
Finally, a day later, the download finished. I fired up Winzip again and selected unzip and started unzipping the files into C:\dx7sdk\ (and I even selected the "Keep directory Structure" option)
At about file 204 out of 3068, I got the following error: "NetZip Unzip Error: Unexpected end of zip file. (Problem extracting file(s).) What's up wit' dat'?
I NEED HELP! Thanx!

Ronald Forbes (Final Fantasy Fanatic)

------------------
Download Complete. "YESSSSSS! The DirectX 7 SDK is finally MINE!! After 3 days of waiting, I have finally successfully downloaded this huge file. Now, I'll just fire up Winzip and... Illegal Fault. CURSES, MICROSOFT, CURSES!"

C:DOSC:DOSRUNRUN DOSRUN
The first time I got the DirectX sdk, I just ordered it from microsoft. It was pretty cheap, and it saved me from days of downloading on my 28.8. Then I got a cable modem. Now I can download it three or four times I day if I wanted to!

Even if they do come out with a new version the day after you finish downloading it. The way it is built, is that each new release still works with all the older SDK... or so they say (haven't really tried it.. just sorta took their word for it).

Anyways, keep at it.. and one of these days it will work for you.

Even with my cable modem, I had to try and download it three times before I got it to uncompress properly.

Good luck.

William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement