🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Python redistributables...?

Started by
14 comments, last by VBBR 19 years, 12 months ago
Quote: Original post by coldacid
Instead, it would be wise for the OP to use the Depends tool to "profile" his game and look for what libraries are dynamically linked by WSH. Chances are any of the non-system DLLs there are the Python DLLs that are required.

Uh... What is this Depends tool? Where can I find it?
So you'll create an MMORPG, uh? Well, what about reading THIS?
Advertisement
Depends is a tool that lets you see which DLLs an EXE requires. It also shows technical information like exported functions, entry points, versions, etc. My copy came installed with VC6 in the VC6 tools directory. I haven't seen it with VC2003, maybe its hidden in the install options.

Would it be this?
Seems so to me.

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

Quote: Original post by VBBR
Also, what do you mean by "non-builtin library module"? Does that include modules like sys, math, etc. or just modules that don't come with the official distribution?

You can get the list of builtin modules via sys.builtin_module_names. Those modules aren't (or shouldn't be) implemented as .py files, but as part of the interpreter itself.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Thanks again. I think this should solve my problems.

I have already used depends.exe to check the library files, and I now have the following list:

python23.dll
pythoncom23.dll
pywintypes23.dll
win32api.pyd
win32trace.pyd
axscript.pyd
_sre.pyd
axdebug.pyd

These are the ones I think have something to do with Python, the others are the Win API, controls and other stuff (that I [think I] know what they are used for). I'll test it in another computer.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement