🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Cal3D - character animation - need help

Started by
1 comment, last by usmiech600 19 years, 11 months ago
Could you share your opinions/comment on the Cal3D library http://cal3d.sourceforge.net/index.html Perhaps any of you have used it already? I'd be grateful for information regarding this library, I'm mostly interested in adding objects and concurrent moving through "dummies" ...
Advertisement
Simply put, it's great.

Very flexible and fast enough. All the math is done on the processor though, so theres room to speed it up if need be.

Cal3d has been a great help to me from learning simple skeletal animation, to designing my more advanced character animation system. The Mixer concept for blending weighted animations over each other is excellent.

I haven't used cal3d in anything proper, just done some tests and read their code. There are commercial games using it though from what I remember.

[size="1"]
I am searching some demo with adding some object to character ... some Ak-47 or something ... i am thinking about how the object(AK-47) will be working.. damn i cant speak english :P sorry...

Maybe someone know where i can find some tutorials for using Cal3D ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement