🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DCE and Longhorn!

Started by
1 comment, last by Cius 19 years, 11 months ago
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/longhorn_preview_2003.asp Have you seen this?! It's gonna be bloody amazing! I can't wait to have animated wallpapers! And game programming with the default API!!! OMG, OMG, OMG, I'm gonna wet my pants just thinking about it! [Edited by - Cius on August 8, 2004 9:09:23 PM]
Advertisement
Mmmh... Why not install KDE? It already had all this eye-candy and more for ages and the API is thousand times better than current WinBlow offers (except for the C# variant I hope but I gave up on M$ stuff already so I can't be sure).

And by the time Longhorn comes out, if they got -anything- new -on their own- OpenSource clones will pop within one month.

Now if Linux user-space devs could stop acting so 3l1t3 maybe more programmers would make the move...

Still, you are right it's going to be good having a modern OS to develop Win apps.
Praise the alternative.
When Linux dominates the desktop market like Windows currently does, I'll program for it. Until then, I don't posess the skills to code anything linux users would likely want to use. I'll stick to learning windows APIs for now and hope someone likes the concept enough to appreciate my work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement