🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

SDL websites?

Started by
7 comments, last by Ainokea 19 years, 11 months ago
Hello everyone. Yea its me (you dont actuially know me) again. Anyways do you know any good SDL tutorial sites? I can only find cone3d and that doesent help me much besides putting a sprite on a backround and move it around, and I dont even understand how I do it, lol. Anyways thanks for the help, if you do :).
Mark St. Jean - OwnerWastedInkVwmaggotwV@Yahoo.com
Advertisement
Hey, not sure if there are any good SDL tutorials out there. I'm actually trying to fill that void right now by writing my own. I currently only have an introduction tutorial that goes through setting up a window and starting a game loop in SDL, but I'm planning on having a tetris tutorial done by tomorrow night. It would be nice to have someone go through them and give me feedback before I post them on a site. Would you be interested in checking them out? Can't gaurantee that they'll be done soon, but I'm planning on doing tutorials on 5 different games by the end of August. The introduction tutorial is pretty small so I can email it to you if you're interested.
-------------------------------See my tutorial site: Click here
If it explains alot then sure, send away. My e-mail is antir0lem0d3l@aol.com. Thanks!
Mark St. Jean - OwnerWastedInkVwmaggotwV@Yahoo.com
cone 3d
jump n run dev (seems to be down right now)
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
My site:

http://xaero.pingring.com
Me and another person on these forums are currently working on a website and a series of tutorials, in a little while, we should be ready to launch it. We are still working out some design issues, and generating some launch content, but it should be ready soon. SDL is fairly easy until you get to sound. here are some resources you can use until our site launches.

Article on getting started

a short list of usefull tutorials

That should get you started. And of course, there are the infamous Cone3d tutorials.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Quote: Original post by graveyard filla
cone 3d
jump n run dev (seems to be down right now)

I agree with cone3d. It is excellent. I'm not too fond of jump n run though.
-------------------------------Visit my game site!
Game Tutorials has a bunch of stuff. It's not an SDL tutorial site, but they have ports of almost all their stuff in SDL. Looks of good topics for starting out too!
__________________________________[ Website ] [ Résumé ] [ [email=contact[at]matthughson[dot]com]Contact[/email] ][ Have I been Helpful? Hook me up! ]
Quote: Original post by matthughson
Game Tutorials has a bunch of stuff. It's not an SDL tutorial site, but they have ports of almost all their stuff in SDL. Looks of good topics for starting out too!

no those are just opengl tutorials with sdl for window setup and input.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement