🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

codewarrior????

Started by
4 comments, last by Chris F 24 years, 6 months ago
It's an IDE like Microsoft Visual Studio. Unlike MSCS it's available for about every platform out there: Windows, Mac, Linix, BEOS, even Playstation and N64(I think).

It's probably the prefered development environment for just about everything but Windows.

-the logistical one-http://members.bellatlantic.net/~olsongt
Advertisement
everything but windows? ive got MSVC already, im making a game in it at the moment, and the game is in windows, do u think its worth me getting code warrior and can you use directx with it?
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me
Codewarrior, at least for the macintosh, is wonderful.
IMO, it beats the snot out of any other ide ive seen, although ive heard that the windows version is crappy(that should be expected ) and if i were you, id stick to msvc because of its illedged dx support, although, if you decide to start programming mac, linux, psx, n64 get it, its great

oh yeah, it does java and pascal too...isnt that neat?

Yeah, keep VC++.

Even people who hate Microsoft \grudgingly admit that VC++ is probably the best dev environment around.

<FLAME ON>
Those Linux guys are even 'ripping it off' with KDevelop if that says anything.
</FLAME ON>

The DirectX SDK also works best with MSVC.

P.S. for any linux guys w/o a sense of humor, I'm kidding.

-the logistical one-http://members.bellatlantic.net/~olsongt
Hi, ive been reading some posts about this codewarrior, what is it?
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me
Codewarrier's a lot cheaper too. The newest full version is about $400. For the MS suite, you have to pay over $1200.

Plus, I program on a Mac and if I had the full version, I could recompile my programs to Windows. (I currently use their $80 version. It only compiles to a 68040 or earlier chip)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement