🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for some HL support

Started by
0 comments, last by joekak 19 years, 11 months ago
Hey all, Ive been working on a small mod for Half Life that kind've just turns it into an RTS game but still from a first person view. I've got alot of the map features working just from plugins or scripts, but they dont seem to work all the time, and dont fulfill everything I want to be doing in the game. My progamming is pretty limited besides a book ive had for a while that teaches you how to make a box that says "Hello World!" when you click ok :) Anyway, Just wondering if theirs anyone bored enough or interested enough who might help. Like I said I dont know much but I dont think its that much to do, alot of features are in, I have a few maps made just need to put entities in it after i find a way to make them. If not, well im prepared to make the long journey, so post me some links to modding guides (ive searched forums but half the posts i found were from last year or so and the links didnt work) and ill eventually get it. If you are, and not sure if thisll help or wutever but, my biggest things needed for extra features are: A way of gaining points from what your team kills(not what you kill), a way of making you invincible(this is the plguin that keeps breaking down so you die in the middle of it and lose), and a way to level up your whole team, ex, more health, increase bots aim, speed etc. Thanks
Advertisement
Should mention,

I have a working version of it on original half life with no mods at all. Its just very, VERY, bunked down and boring. So if yo uare interested and you cant understand my ways of explaining it(im bad at that:/ ) then I can show you a little bit.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement