🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

they never work right

Started by
3 comments, last by Sir Asksalot 19 years, 10 months ago
Ok.Got problems getting SDL to work.I did wht i was supposed to do and put all the folders where they where supposed to go( the lib and the include).Whatever follows i cant do because i have MS VC++ 6.0 and that the tutorial is made for visual studio.net \.So anything i must chang to make them compatible please tell me ( because i though they where the same.....)
Advertisement
Try this, just skip over the "building sdl" section unless you want to recompile it (unless you have a good reason, you dont).

Alan
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
I've had similar problems. It can be a real pain to go backwards. If you have enough of disk space, you could go to the Microsoft web site and downloading the Visual C++ Express 2005 beta. (You have to download the Windows SDK separately, or it won't come with useful files like windows.h.) I believe it's ok to use it until March 2005. When it comes up for sale, the Express version is supposed to be very cheap as well.

It will run fine alongside 6.0 (i.e. it won't break your 6.0 installation). I still use 6.0 for my main development work. I just switch to 2005 when I want to test something in it.

Sean
Actually the last time i recompiled it, months ago, there was a decent performance gain.
"Follow the white rabbit."
It all works now.I just had to make changes in the project settings.Thanks to you all

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement