🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Possible to do this with ruby and python?

Started by
5 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 11 months ago
Is it possible to do these with python or ruby? 1. Pack files into 1 file and read them from another script. 2. Source-Hiding In case you didnt know what I meant by source hiding, its like BattleField 1942's .rfa files... when you open them in notepad they are all scrambled, possible to do in Ruby or Python? And if so, how?
Advertisement
Your first question is a bit ambiguous. Python can read zip files and perform basic file operations. Therefore what you want to do is possible, but how difficult it is will depend on exactly what you want.

For the second question, compiling Python files into .pyc makes them impractical to read, although they can be decompiled.
Cool, can you change the extension of a .pyc file?
also, is any of that possible with ruby? (if anyone knows)
Neither community is actually really interested in having code obfuscators
Im not either right now, if I make a selling game with python/ruby, I can always have a software license...
For obfuscation, Python sources are public, so it's easy to change extension, and to change part of the language just to unable decompilation.

A real protection, whatever the language is impossible...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement