🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

UScript (ut2004)- how to make a Mine weapon?

Started by
0 comments, last by KnightBlade 19 years, 11 months ago
Hello there... I'd like to create an item(s) that can be placed both from the UnrealEd and when playing the game. It could be something like a mine that explodes when a player comes to near. (not a pickup) I'm totaly new to UScript( I know how to complie and run stuff but not much more than that), so I was wondering if anyone could help me att give me som tips about where I should start looking for info,and at what already existing classes that I should use, and if there already is some code that does the same thing. I guess there has to be someone that has done this before...) thanks /newbie
Advertisement
Ah, welcome to the wonderful world of UScript. :D

First, you need several links to get you started. And your first project sounds simple enough. Anyway, here are the links:

Wiki
Forums:
UT2004 official forum
Beyond Unreal Scripting forum
3d buzz

For a mine that explodes when a player comes near to it, well, lets say you want to make this as a weapon. And the best thing you should take a look at is the Spider mine class in UT2004. You can pretty much reuse most of the code in the classes associated with it.

Here is a link to something I had started a while ago:
UDGL
It was supposed to be a site for group learning, doing the same projects with others and learning. But it died out pretty good, but the forums there have some good info.

And also, this is a link to our Mod that me and my friend did for UT2004.
TD
Its based on Warcraft's Tower Defense maps. It comes with full source as well. Good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement