🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Allegro Installation Help(gcc -v )

Started by
4 comments, last by 23yrold3yrold 19 years, 11 months ago
Im trying to set up allegro using http://www.allegro.cc/files/install-devcpp.html and when i do the part in DOS gcc -v, it doesn't work, i have re-done all the steps, and i am in the right directory. Any thoughts? -thanks
"He had surived everything, developing a faciltiy that was the envy of players every where on the net. He was the most famous character in the Middle country game,recruited for every battle..first choice for every important task"
Advertisement
Did you set the path (and reboot)? What's your operating system?

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

I rebooted, and i have XP.
"He had surived everything, developing a faciltiy that was the envy of players every where on the net. He was the most famous character in the Middle country game,recruited for every battle..first choice for every important task"
By "doesn't work" do you mean you get a command not found?

If that's the problem then your PATH is not set. You can do that either via the system variables (right click "my computer" and go into properties) or temporarily by opening up a DOS prompt:

SET PATH=c:\mingw\bin;%PATH%

Replace "c:\mingw" with whatever folder you installed Dev-C++ or MinGW. When in doubt, use Windows Explorer to inspect the folders by hand to find the gcc executable.
i did that and no change.

"'GCC' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or a batch file"
What folder is your path set to? It can't have any funny characters in it (so "Dev-C++" would preferably be "Dev-Cpp" or "DevCpp") ...

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement