🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

SDL Tutorial 4a is comeplete (covers basic music w/SDL_Mixer)

Started by
2 comments, last by _nomad_ 19 years, 10 months ago
Well, its uploading as we speak. Let me know what you guys think. This is for all you. I ingored some things, such as hooking, on purpose. For a new person learning audio programming, it isn't necessary to teach that right away. The only thing that some of you may have problems with is that the sample file may be too big. I don't know what to say about that. I think my college has a good upload speed, so that shouldn't be an issue, unless you are on dialup. If you guys apreciate my efforts, I would like to know. Many have already replied telling me that my tutorials are a big help. I'm just tired of promoting this my self, thats all. Speaking of which. HEY 23!!! When are you going to write a FAQ for this forum? Have fun everybody, the link to my page is in my sig.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Advertisement
its good to see someone putting out tutorials on SDL. i wish these were around when i started out. keep up the good work
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
Pretty nice. It covers the basics, but for a beginning programmer you might want to explain the Mix_OpenAudio() function parameters a little more. Why use 4096 byte size? Why use 2 channels? Those were the main questions I was left with after reading it. Also I think it would be great if you provided a link to the official SDL_mixer documentation for those who want a little more detail about a particular function. Overall a great job though.

Hero of Allacrost - A free, open-source 2D RPG in development.
Latest release June, 2015 - GameDev annoucement

nice, kudos to you!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement