🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

SDL: programm crashes when calling SDL_DisplayFormat

Started by
2 comments, last by mm-motm 19 years, 11 months ago
Hullo After i got a valid (other than zero) SDL_Surface pointer by the SDL_LoadBMP() function, I am calling SDL_DisplayFormat(); to copy the surface. But instead of copying the surface, the SDL_DisplayFormat function crahes the programm with the following error message: Application popup: Sprites&Animations.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x10025945" referenced memory at "0x00000134". The memory could not be "read". had someone an idea how this could be?
Advertisement
All this function does is converts one format to another. If you want an entirely new surface, you still have to manualy create it. There is a tutorial on my website on how to do this.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
I dont want to creat a new one. But all tuts i read till now use this function to copy an surface. (example: http://cone3d.gamedev.net/cgi-bin/index.pl?page=tutorials/gfxsdl/tut3)
Ah, i got it, SDL_DisplayFormat crahes because SDL_Init has to be called bevore the DisplayFormat();

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement